SASSA has encouraged and suggested that SASSA SRD R350 award applicants submit their bank accounts for payment.
If an application fails to submit bank account data, the post office is the default payment option; nevertheless, for convenience and to avoid long lines at numerous post offices across the country, it is more reasonable to send banking details to Sassa.
Procedure to Submit Banking Details to SASSA
Follow these simple procedures to provide bank account information upfront or later to SRD R350 online.
- Head over to the official SRD R350 application website https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down the page until you find a label (as shown in the image above) that says, “How can I modify my banking details?”
- Under that area, there is a text box asking for your ID number; simply enter your ID number from the application and click the “submit” button.
- A one-of-a-kind and secure link to the cell phone number provided throughout the application procedure will be provided. It is important to note that the token associated with the link is only valid for 30 minutes. As a result, the applicant must respond swiftly to click on the link. The request for bank account submission can be made 24 hours after the initial request.
- Click on the link as soon as it is fully loaded. Choose the bank to which your account is linked, such as Capitec Bank or ABSA.
- Enter your name, account number, and account type (savings or others) and click submit.
- After submission, a confirmation message will be sent to the applicant’s phone number.
- SASSA reminds applicants that they must be the primary or genuine bank account owner and that you cannot use someone else’s bank account to make SRD R350 payments.
- The bank account should be confirmed after providing the bank account information. SASSA will request the partner bank to verify the statement’s account information and cash flow. Some candidates are refused for “Alternative Income Source Identified” when it is discovered that the bank account has consistently received at least R595 per month.
So, if you like, you can send the Sassa financial information via postal mail. You can submit or amend your Sassa banking data online by following the above steps. This is the simplest online method for offering all of your Sassa bank account information.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
The procedure of bank verification does have a time limit. On the other hand, banks may take up to seven business days to verify and process financial information.
How to Transfer R350 Grant Funds from the Post Office to a Bank Account?
Navigate to www.srd.sassa.gov.za.
Scroll down to the “How can I modify my banking details?”
Enter your identification number.
Submit the form.
SASSA will email you a web link to the cell phone number you used to apply for the R350 grant.
Select the link.
If your Sassa grant is authorized, but no pay date has been given, it signifies that payment has not yet been processed, but it will complete,” Sassa added. According to SASSA sources, they are attempting to tackle the situation within their means because they are well aware of it.
How to Change the Payment Method for Your SRD Grant?
Scroll down to ‘How can I modify my banking information?’
Please enter your ID number.
An SMS containing a secure link unique to you will be sent to the mobile phone number you registered for the application.
Select the link in the SMS.