A driving license is a required document for any resident of Pretoria that wants to drive a vehicle. It is provided by the Department of Home Affairs. In South Africa, the card is a blue plastic card containing your photo and personal information.
How to Renew Driver’s Licence Online for Pretoria Residents?
Pretoria driver’s license holders need to renew their driver’s license in order to continue driving legally. The steps involved are simple and the process can be completed online or at a local Department of Transport office.
You will need your current South African ID document, old driver’s license if you still have it, proof of residence, and payment for the renewal fee. An eye test is needed as well as a signed application form.
In this post, you will learn about how to renew your South African driver’s license online when living in Pretoria and do not have access to a credit card.
Required Documents For Renewal of Driving License
- A copy of the Certified Identity Document
- Passport valid for South Africa
- Black and white photos
- Proof of residential and postal addresses
- Payment of the application fee
- If the applicant does not have utility accounts, an affidavit proving residence is required.
- In the case of informal settlements, a confirmation letter from ward councilors is required
Processing Time for Renewal of Driving License in RSA
It will take four to six weeks to receive your new driving license.
Procedure of Renewal of Driver License in Pretoria
You can renew your license card in Pretoria in a variety of ways like applying Online and visiting DLTC. these methods are described below:
Apply Through DLTC:
- The applicant should apply in person at the nearest Driving License Testing Centre (DLTC) to renew his or her driver’s license.
- In the “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page are the contact links for each province in Pretoria. To find the nearest Municipality to your location, click the link of your province.
- You can obtain the renewal application form from the appropriate department by visiting the nearest DLTC.
- You can also download the application from the original website
- You will need to verify that all the documents required by DLTC have been submitted under the “Required Documents” section of the website.
- You should fill out the application form according to your need. In addition, fill out the address and organization change notification form (NCP), at the DLTC.
- Send both the forms as well as the necessary documents to the DLTC department.
- In addition to obtaining your fingerprints, the applicant will be subjected to an eye exam at the testing center. Application fees are payable at the testing center.
- Your new driving license card will be issued with prior notification after all verification and validation processes have been completed.
How to Apply Online for Renewal of Driver License in South Africa?
- Gauteng residents can only renew their licenses online through the National Traffic Information System of Pretoria.
- The following link leads to the online application for license renewal: Link
- Click on the link to book a driving license test.
- The application page for driving license renewal will be redirected to you.
- There are several fields that must be filled under the tabs “License Type and Category” and “Identify Applicant”.
- Continue by clicking on the “Next” button. To renew your driver’s license, follow the directions and complete the renewal request.
- Fill out the online application and submit it. Submit the fees prompted by the online form. For your eye test, you should visit the DLTC on the date and time that you were informed.
- The DLTC takes your fingerprints and conducts your eye test on the premises.
- The DLC where you took the driving test will inform you when the license card is ready for collection. After that, you will be able to pick up your driver’s license.
- Renewal of your driver’s license must be done four weeks before the expiration date appears. While waiting for your driving license to be issued, you can apply for a temporary license at an additional charge if it is renewed after the expiration date.
- Tests will be conducted on your eyes at the testing center. Additionally, an optometrist can test your eyes and submit the results to DLTC. You will be required to attach new conditions to your license if your site has worsened since your license was issued.