With the recent National State of Disaster declared by President Jacob Zuma due to the worldwide outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, a special social relief of distress grant has been introduced for unemployed South Africans with no source of income or welfare support. The benefits are R350 per person for six months, among other assistance to those that are living in specified areas.
Do you want to find out how much funds you were granted through the R350 Social Relief of Distress Grant? Then this article is for you.
This is a guide on how to apply for a Sassa grant. One of the things that came into effect from the 1st of April 2020 was the R350 Covid-19 grant being extended by 3 months. This is to ensure that those who depend on it will be able to deal with the effects of lockdown.
The grant has been extended up until October 31st, 2020. The application process has not changed over the past few months. You can still apply online or at a Sassa office near you.
Who Is Eligible For The Sassa Covid-19 Grant R350?
If you are a South African citizen and meet the requirements below, you will be eligible for this grant:
- Aged between 18 and 59 years old
- Does not have any other source of income except social grants
- Needs this money to survive during lockdown
How To Apply For Sassa Gant R350 Online Application Process?
You can apply online via the SASSA website. Click on the link below:
- Visit the South African Social Security Agency website at www.sassa.gov.za
- Apply here: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/SRD/
- Before applying for the grant you will need to register for an account, so please complete the form with your personal details such as name, surname, and ID number.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be able to submit your application online easily, but please make sure that you have all of the necessary details and documentation available before starting your application.
- Please remember that you can only apply online if you have a valid South African ID book and are a South African citizen.
- Enter your password and number to log in to your account.
- To apply for a grant, click on the “Apply for a Grant” link on the left side of the website.
- You will be taken to a new page with different options for applying for grants.
- Under “GRANT APPLICATIONS”, click on “Sassa Gant r350”
- More information about the Sassa Grant r350 will be displayed on a new page.
- Please scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Sassa Grant r350 application.
- Please complete the form carefully before submitting it.
How Do I Check My Sassa Grant Status?
If you want to check the status of your Sassa grant, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the SASSA website at http://www.sassa.gov.za/ or click here to go directly to the SASSA portal where you will be able to access all information related to your grant.
- You will need to log in using your social security number, identity number, or application reference number.
- When you log in, click on the Check Status button
- You will now be able to view all information related to your grant including balance inquiry and transaction history, as well as change your bank details if need be.
What To Do If Declined By Sassa?
- If you are declined for Sassa Grant then you need to apply for an appeal.
- Visit SASSA to appeal
- Reconsideration of the decline will only occur upon the client’s request
- Within 30 days of receiving the outcome, applicants must apply for reconsideration on the website
- Every rejected application must be appealed
The Sassa Grant Online Application is one of the most secure and dependable means of applying for a Sassa Grant. The online application process will make sure that your information gets transmitted to Sassa efficiently.
To apply for Sassa Grant, you need to have a valid South African I.d., smart card, passport, or birth certificate. You might be asked to attach additional documents as well because the application process requires these details.