To be able to check their SASSA balance, their application must be approved. It shouldn’t be challenging to check your balance if you’ve been receiving grants for quite some time from SASSA.
Most beneficiaries use SASSA cards to receive their payments, but there are those who prefer having private personal banks. In this modern century, there are plenty of ways in which SASSA has made it easier for its applicants to check their balances.
One can use the following methods;
- Via the USSD or ATM
- You can also dial *120*69277#
Having mentioned just a few of these online and offline methods, we can get into the deep details that can lead you directly to the balance info.
Use ATM Cards to Check your SASSA Balance – Offline and Online
- Check if your payment has been approved before heading to the bank.
- Once that is done, head towards the ATM machine, insert your card, and proceed to do the transactions.
- Enter your SASSA pin.
- Choose the type of transaction you’d like to do.
- Click on the balance option to check your balance.
Use of Toll-Free Calling Service to Check your SASSA Balance
- We have the option of calling the free toll service of the SASSA centre. Request the attending customer care agent to send you your balance.
- You can do this by using the cash pay-points of SASSA, free of charge. Their call centre number is 0800600160.
How to Use USSD Codes?
- Thirdly, you can check your balance by dialling *120*69277# using your phone. Wait for the prompts for you to take the next action.
- This is one of the most straightforward processes advised by SASSA for new applicants.
Access the SASSA Website to Check the Balance
- Fourthly you can visit the SASSA R350 SRD website.
- Once you’ve opened the website, scroll down until you get to the application status.
- Fill out the requirements needed.
- After doing that you will now be able to check the status of your grant application.
How to Use Private Banking to Check your SASSA Balance?
- Lastly, you can check your SASSA balance offline if you use private banking to receive your SASSA grant.
- You will have the online bank details or platform and proceed to check your balance. This is because your grants are deposited directly into your private bank account.
- If for instance, you’re using Tyme bank, from your smartphone download the app and everything else will flow.
- However, some private banks have what we call the USSD.
- These allow the users of these banks to check the status and balance of the grants easily.
- You can also opt to call customer care service to help you get your balance.