Have you been turned down for an alternate source of income? What has been identified as the cause of the decline?
It happened last year, and SASSA was forced to reverse most of these concerns and accept them despite public protest. As previously stated by SASSA, applicants who have been denied for any reason have the opportunity to appeal.
Applicants must send an appeal application to a specific email address last year. Still, they have simplified the procedure this year by integrating the appeal application as a reconsideration module on their website.
The Main Reason SASSA Denies SRD R350 Applicants for Alternative Income Source
According to SASSA, applicants have an alternative income source if they receive at least R595 monthly in their bank account. SASSA’s methodology automatically assumes that you receive income regardless of who owns the cash inflows.
It sounds strange and pitiful, yet this is what SASSA claims to utilize to determine people’s income sources. Applicants dissatisfied with the decision have 30 days from the date of the rejection to request a review.
Procedure for Applying for a Reconsideration or Appeal Alternative Income Source Identified
Let’s use this advice and processes to appeal our rejection or to file our reconsideration application.
- Go to this link (this link works only between April 2020 to March 2022). To appeal or request reconsideration, please visit the new DSD website at https://srd.dsd.gov.za. This is in force from April 2022 to March 2023 or until further notice.
- A new web page will open, prompting you to enter your ID number and the phone number you used to apply.
- Enter this information correctly.
- Below is a button titled “send pin,” which you should click.
- The system will instantly email you a pin code to the number you entered. Enter the obtained pin code and submit.
- The page with the reconsideration will be loaded.
- Choose the month of August (the month in which you want to file your appeal).
- The declining status and cause will be displayed.
- Aside from the decline, there is a pull-down list of reasons for reconsideration. Select “No other source of income.”
- This indicates that you have no other source of income.
- Then, submit your application and await the outcome.
One thing is sure here: if your bank account has been receiving monies regularly, you must cease it since SASSA monitors your bank account cash flows.
The same holds for the Cash Send. Receiving funds through your Ewallet account or Cash Send will also indicate the identification of an alternate income source.
Keep monitoring your status for reconsideration or appeal since SASSA is examining reconsideration appeals.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
If you checked your status and it stated that your application was refused owing to an “Alternate Income Source Identified,” you do not qualify for the SRD grant because you earn more than R595 per month.
According to SASSA, when an application is declined because an alternative source of income is identified, the applicant has an income higher than R595 per month, excluding any Child Support Grant.
Regarding how long you will have to wait before receiving feedback on the conclusion of your appeal application, Sassa has said that the Independent Tribunal will notify you of the decision of your appeal online between 60 – 90 days after the request is lodged.