With the Govchat app, South Africa’s government services are accessible online. Their main objective is to aid in the digitization of the vast majority of government services that are only available online.
During the intense application period for the reinstated SASSA SRD R350 award, the Sassa website (https://srd.sassa.gov.za) became overloaded with thousands of applications.
Later, the GovChat app service was merged into the SASSA database to relieve congestion at the application platform.
Applicants might apply, check their application status, or even provide bank account information through this app.
Govchat App for SASSA – Application and Forms
Any applicant can submit their application by completing the online application forms through the GovChat app, asking for only basic information, such as Full Name, ID number, Address, unemployed status, and educational level.
Here are the steps to apply for the reinstated SRD R350 via the GovChat app:
- Visit the login page at the Link.
- Your cell phone number will be required to validate your account. You will receive a four-digit OTP number on your phone; input it in the space given. You may be redirected to the home page to start the registration process.
- Check the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Choose “LOGIN” from the menu.
- Click on SASSA, then select Apply for SASSA Grants and SRD once the page has fully loaded.
If you already have an account, enter the reference number you were given when creating the performance instead of clicking the Create New Form button. Otherwise, fill out the online form if you’re a new user.
Accept the “I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions found below” and the “I have read and agree to ‘How the grants function’ located below” conditions. If you want to read any of these documents, they are all available on the page.
Here is where you begin filling out the form in the spaces provided—type in your first and last names and citizenship status. Enter your 13-digit South African ID number if you selected South African as your citizenship status.
Write down the reference number carefully since you’ll need it later to monitor the status of your R350. You must complete a few extra fields, such as your home address.
Govchat Status Check For SRD R350 Grant
Those who submitted applications for the SASSA SRD R350 award via the GovChat website or WhatsApp can utilize GovChat to check their status and learn whether their applications were accepted or rejected.
Even if you apply over WhatsApp, you will ultimately complete the application on the GovChat website because of their strong relationship.
The steps to check the status of your SASSA SRD R350 grant are listed below.
- Visit this link to access the website.
- Click the login button after entering the application’s phone number.
- If a dialogue box asks you to verify that you are not a robot, simply check it and continue.
- Once logged in, search for SASSA Services.
- Click on a menu option like “Apply for Grant” from the drop-down list. See if you are eligible for a grant. View the grant status. (For further information, see the photographs below.)
- When the check status button is selected, a dialogue box requesting the reference number on the forms will display. Remember that this program has a reference number.
- After entering the reference number, press the “submit” button.
- Your monthly status will be displayed, indicating whether you were authorized or rejected, along with a specific explanation for the latter decision.
- Remember that your reference code is always required when updating or changing payment options or checking status.
Govchat on WhatsApp
GovChat and WhatsApp are connected to allow SASSA SRD R350 grant applicants to begin applications and track their progress. Send “Hi” or “SASSA” to the number 08000 to start the application process using WhatsApp, and then follow the on-screen instructions and enter the relevant digits to the questions that best fit your request on the GovChat app.
One of its benefits is the WhatsApp connection of the Govchat platform, which allows you to utilize it to check your status.
Govchat on Facebook
GovChat is also incorporated with Facebook Messenger, which you may access by clicking on this link GovChat Facebook, as one might anticipate from a more receptive business to changes.
GovChat on Facebook Messenger performs a similar function to what was done with WhatsApp. Simply say hello to the messenger handle, and the system will give you some options.
It should be noted that GovChat has additional features available to everyone and is not just for Sassa services.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Go to Go to www.govchat.org to access the GovChat website.
Tap “GovChat Now” to begin.
Choosing “GovChat Now on Our App”
You must provide the phone number you used to apply for the SASSA R350 grant.
The “Login” button.
After logging in, choose “SASSA Services.”
When your application is accepted, SASSA will send you an SMS asking for your banking information before paying you. If you applied in May and were eligible, your application will be accepted, and you will get your May payment.
If your Sassa grant has been granted, but there has been no mention of the payment date, this indicates that payment has not yet been processed but will do so shortly. According to sources from SASSA, they are working to find a solution to this issue within their means as they are well aware of it.